Marine insurance companies offer a wide range of policies that cover many benefits. They provide coverage for any damage or loss to ships, cargo, terminals or transport by which products are transferred. Marine insurance companies in India cover both off-shore and on-shore exposed property such as ports, container terminals, pipelines, oil platforms, marine casualty, and marine liability. Marine insurance is covered in the general insurance category. All ship and yacht owners are expected to have appropriate marine insurance, keeping in mind the variety of risk at sea.
What types of loss and damages are covered in marine insurance?
Some of the common causes of loss that the marine insurance company covers encompass natural calamities like lightning, rain, wind, etc. Protect your assets from the beginning. Today’s marine industry is the best source of imports, communication, influx and the best means for people to commute to different parts of the world. We all are aware of the uncertainties of the sea. Hence, it is essential to be prepared for such unforeseen circumstances. Marine insurance is a must for getting easy grants and trouble-free access ahead.
Here will discuss some of the benefits of marine insurance.
- Personalized insurance: It is very essential to find the insurance that suits your needs and your business. Do you only trade goods, or you also have travellers and are in the cruise business? Now marine insurance companies also personalize these essential details as they are fundamental to the kind of hazards you would want to prepare yourself for.
- Worldwide claims: You need to stop worrying if you feel your marine insurance won’t aid you in international waters. Some marine insurance policy comes with worldwide claims as well.
There are different types of marine life insurance available:
- Liability Insurance: This insurance cover comes in handy in case of any injury or damage due to ship collisions and crashing, even if it’s due to persuaded attacks.
- Marine Cargo Insurance: It pertains to the personal belongings in the ship voyages. The freight owner is covered from the loss due to a ship accident and in case of delays in unloading. This also comes with third party liability coverage and comprises damage to the port and docks.
- Hull Insurance: This is chosen by the owner and caters to the hull and the body of the vessel along with other equipments and furniture of the ship.
- Machinery Insurance: This insurance covers the breakdown of machinery and damage to it and is duly compensated for.
With this different range of marine insurance, a businessman or ship owners can be safe and protected against damages like theft or hijack collisions and accidents. Hence, it is essential to have appropriate marine insurance if your business requires trade via the sea. Marine insurance makes the company reliable as it has proper cover against different endangerment and is legally ready to set off. Like any other insurance policy, it is best to explore your options before choosing a provider thoroughly.